Wednesday 5 June 2013

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Review

Heya! I'm sorry its been a few days since my last post, I've been so busy with exams this past week and have them all of next week too so I apologize if this trend continues for another week! I will have plenty of spare time on my hands for shopping and reviews after that so don't worry! Today I decided to review a product that I showed to you in my last post- one of the new Revlon Ultimate Suede lipsticks. I had been pining over this shade for a while after seeing a similar one in MAC, and finally took the plunge when Superdrug had a 3 for 2 (this offer may still be on, so I would check it out!).







As you can see (pics were on my iphone so are not quite as good as usual!) the lipstick is a bright pink toned red or red toned pink, which ever way you want to see it! I love the colour of this, but my overall opinions are as follows:

Pigmentation- Brilliant, can also be worn sheer by dabbing it on.
Texture- Smooth and buttery to apply but not as soft as the lip butters which is great because they were too soft! Downside: when the lip butter has dried it has a gluey dry sticky texture that sticks your lips together!
Staying Power- Lasts all day on the majority of the lips, but I did find it wore off in the center of my lips leaving an awkward line!
Smell- Nothing unpleasant.
Price- £8.99 at Superdrug.

This was on the higher end of drugstore lipstick pricing, and although the amazing colour and pigmentation lived up to it, I was very dissapointed with the staying power in the middle of my lips and that awkward sticky texture when it dried. I will continue to wear this as I love the colour, but will not 'dare to leave my lipstick at home' as the advert claims because I don't want bright pink/red lips with pale pink in the middle! I would consider repurchasing it, but then again I may just go to MAC and get one I can trust!

Have you tried this lipstick or another in the line? Let me know if you had the same experience, or maybe a different one? I would also love to know if any of the other colours in this line are worth purchasing, so comment below I would love to hear from you!


Lauren xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment